Deprixol is used to treat depression. It is also used to treat general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, and panic disorder. Deprixol belongs to a group of medicines known as serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRI). These medicines are thought to work by increasing the activity of a chemical called serotonin in the brain.
Deprixol is available only with your doctor’s prescription.
Once a medicine has been approved for marketing for a certain use, experience may show that it is also useful for other medical problems. Although this use is not included in product labeling, Deprixol is used in certain patients with the following medical condition:
- Hot flashes or flushing.
Deprixol (Deprixol hydrochloride) is indicated for the treatment of major depressive disorder.
The efficacy of Deprixol in the treatment of major depressive disorder was established in 6-week controlled trials of adult outpatients whose diagnoses corresponded most closely to the DSM-III or DSM-III-R category of major depression and in a 4-week controlled trial of inpatients meeting diagnostic criteria for major depression with melancholia.
A major depressive episode implies a prominent and relatively persistent depressed or dysphoric mood that usually interferes with daily functioning (nearly every day for at least 2 weeks); it should include at least 4 of the following 8 symptoms: change in appetite, change in sleep, psychomotor agitation or retardation, loss of interest in usual activities or decrease in sexual drive, increased fatigue, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, slowed thinking or impaired concentration, and a suicide attempt or suicidal ideation.
The efficacy of Deprixol in maintaining an antidepressant response for up to 26 weeks following 8 weeks of acute treatment was demonstrated in a placebo-controlled trial. The efficacy of Deprixol in maintaining an antidepressant response in patients with recurrent depression who had responded and continued to be improved during an initial 26 weeks of treatment and were then followed for a period of up to 52 weeks was demonstrated in a second placebo-controlled trial. Nevertheless, the physician who elects to use Deprixol/Deprixol for extended periods should periodically re-evaluate the long-term usefulness of the drug for the individual patient.
HOW SHOULD I USE DEPRIXOL?
Use Deprixol extended-release capsules as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Deprixol extended-release capsules comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Deprixol extended-release capsules refilled.
- Take Deprixol extended-release capsules by mouth with food.
- Take Deprixol extended-release capsules with a full glass of water (8 oz [240 mL]).
- Swallow Deprixol extended-release capsules whole. Do not break, crush, chew, or place in water before swallowing. If you cannot swallow the capsule whole, you may open it and sprinkle the contents over a spoonful of applesauce. Mix the medicine with the applesauce and swallow the mixture right away, followed by a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine before swallowing.
- Deprixol extended-release capsules works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- Continue to take Deprixol extended-release capsules even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Deprixol extended-release capsules without checking with your doctor. You may have an increased risk of side effects (eg, mental or mood changes, numbness or tingling of the skin, dizziness, confusion, headache, increased sweating, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, trouble sleeping, or unusual tiredness. If you need to stop Deprixol extended-release capsules, your doctor may need to gradually lower your dose.
- If you miss a dose of Deprixol extended-release capsules, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Deprixol extended-release capsules.
The state of health and your body has come into harmony, now you can buy new garden furniture on this site https://jobstellar.com/uk/